What is the community Inclusion for Everyone Program?
Community Inclusion for Everyone is a concentrated effort driven by individuals, families and people who work and support individuals with disabilities in their own community.
- To assess and identify barriers that restrict peoples with disabilities from participating in the community. What is keeping them from reaching personal goals?
- To identify members that want to help create and inclusive community to be a leader as part of our leadership team
How is CIE different from other programs?
- We infiltrate the community in general to see how people with disabilities are falling through the cracks.
- We are unique in that we have a community component along with the individual one. Our goal is to have the individual and family discover:
- What’s lacking
- What’s currently available
- What’s needed to help individuals reach their goals
This program is available for counties other than Pierce. If you would like to know if your county has this program. Contact us.