Accounting Assistant – Job Announcement
If you enjoy working with numbers and want to make a difference in the lives of others while lending your financial skills, consider this growth potential position! PAVE provides support, training, information, and resources to empower and give voice to individuals, youth and families impacted by disabilities. Every day our staff work to build an inclusive world that values diversity, culture, and each individual as a full and equal member of the community. We are seeking a part-time Accounting Assistant to perform a range of general accounting functions. A willingness to learn, strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and clear and confident communicator will help shape the ideal candidate for the work. Join 21 other colleagues working virtually for this $1.6M organization that delivers impactful outcomes in the lives of Washingtonians and military-connected families worldwide.
- Requires high school diploma or GED and 1+ year of accounting experience or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and basic data entry programs
- AA Degree or a combination of experience and employment that is commensurate with the responsibilities preferred
- Organized in time management, maintenance of records and reporting
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite and social media or ability to learn the required technology for this position
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals of diverse economic, ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Valid Washington Driver’s License and proof of insurance
- Pass a Background Check (DSHS/DDA Secretary’s List)
- Military Spouse
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of experience and multiple years of employment that is commensurate with the responsibilities
- Employees may be eligible to participate in certain employer-sponsored insurance programs, such as medical/dental, life and disability insurance.
- Retirement plan with no matching requirements by employees.
- 14 Paid Holidays; 5 during December to New Years
- Up to 2-weeks (Full-time) of paid vacation or the part-time equivalent per year
- Paid sick leave at the rate of 10 days/per year or the part-time equivalent per year
- Plus, additional leave may be possible (e.g. Bereavement, medical, military and military spousal, etc.).
Salary Range: $18.50 – $22/hour
Part-time Position: 10 – 20 hours/week
Individuals with disabilities and parents of individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Fill out our online PAVE application and include a cover letter and resume as attachments. If you are having trouble with this format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants who submit all three elements will be considered for an interview. Open until filled.
Read the full Job Description.
Please email PAVE for any application questions email@example.com