Parent to Parent (P2P) Coordinator Job Description
Reports to: Pierce County Director
Position Summary: To deliver support services to parents/caregivers of children with a developmental disability and/or special healthcare needs. This position also includes recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteer Helping Parents and support groups.
- Provide direct service to families coping with a new diagnosis or situation. To provide support around the emotional response, information regarding developmental disabilities and community resources.
- Recruit, train and supervise a core group of volunteers to provide support and community education to parents.
- Assess and match parents for ongoing support.
- Maintain relationships with medical and other professional and community referral sources.
- Provide community education regarding the value and availability of the Pierce County Parent to Parent support and connections, as needed within the statewide network.
- Assure all current community services and resources for families of children with developmental disabilities and special health care needs are up to date.
- Identify, vet and provide to your supervisor for review relevant new services and resources.
- Provide administrative support regarding all communication, outreach, marketing and reporting for the family support groups, peer-to-peer mentorship and community activities.
- Assures program documentation and records are up to date in PAVE’s dedicated data management system (DMS), Connected Families.
- Meet quarterly reporting requirements for Washington State Parent to Parent.
- Assists as directed with community inquiries, bookings with team members, flyers, and general communication in a timely fashion and with competence.
- Attend meetings as directed and/or as it fits with the team’s strategic vision for its scope of work and to achieve the program’s outcomes.
- Assist with task requests from the Helpline and with internal and external referrals.
- Set-up, coordinate, and staff community P2P booths (e.g. resource, transition, business trainings, etc.).
- Provide support and coordination of family support groups, as needed and directed.
- Write and disseminate informational materials, resources, and service information via communication pathways (e.g. print, on the website, social media, training curriculum, etc.) to constituents (i.e. families, professionals, community members, co-workers, volunteers, etc.) and assist with assuring they are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
Job Requirements for all Staff:
- Maintain confidentiality of those you work with and other staff members.
- Be prompt in arriving at work sites, meetings, and workshops.
- Submit accurate (pre-approved) invoices at the end of each pay period.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Assist other staff in meeting deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Local travel to be reimbursed by PAVE
The job description covers major job requirements and is not meant to be the only source for what activities this position might be expected to assist with. There may be other duties as assigned. This position requires interaction with administrative staff and the public. The job description and activities outlined herein do not constitute a contract nor does it remove PAVE’s at-will employment.