Are you a military spouse or veteran? Work from anywhere!
Specialized Instructors will be providing trainings for the Specialized Training of Military Parents (STOMP), a Program of PAVE. Specialized Instructors are responsible to facilitate STOMP’s live virtual workshops, one- and two-day in-seat workshops, and one-hour webinars on a variety of topics of concern to military families who have a loved one with disabilities. Training is provided to present our proprietary curricula (e.g. Laws and Rights/Responsibilities, TRICARE/ECHO/ABA, Advocacy, etc.). Specialized Instructors will conduct in-person and virtual training workshops utilizing a variety of teaching techniques including creating an inclusive and welcoming learning experience for attendees and a mixture of some lecture, interactive opportunities, overcoming conflicts, and dealing with systems.
This position can move with you! This position is currently 100% remote due to COVID-19; travel is restricted but may resume when safe to travel in the US and overseas. When traveling, Specialized Instructors typically provide two 2-Day workshops in a week and average one weeklong trip per month to include evenings and weekend days to arrive/return from workshops. Specialized Instructors facilitate virtual workshops and webinars 2-3 times a week and may include evenings and weekends.
Our work is to engage and enhance the knowledge of military parents in navigating educational and medical systems. In this role, you would contribute your excellent facilitation, training, and presentation skills to provide essential information for military parents while ensuring equitable and inclusive workshops at US and overseas installations. PAVE is seeking reliable, proficient instructors for this casual* position who are military parents of an exceptional family member to join our team!
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience of providing training for adult learners in person and virtually
- Flexibility and reliability to provide live virtual workshops and two-day workshops according to the schedule and deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with other trainers, military personnel, and attendees
- Requires a high degree of computer proficiency (Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Demonstrated training or presentation experience for large and small groups (in-seat and virtual)
- Proven facilitation abilities
- Highly organized with proven time management skills and ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong computer skills including expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must have valid identification to travel in the United States, a Military ID, State issued driver’s license, and the ability to travel* a minimum of 4 days a month
- Flexibility and reliability to meet the travel, training, and reporting deadlines
- Capable of building rapport and listening attentively to the needs of attendees
- Ability to ensure an equitable, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all attendees
- Valid identification to travel overseas
- The ability to travel** 8 – 14 days a month
- Understanding of special education laws for both Department of Education (DOE) systems and Department of Defense (DOD) Systems
- Knowledge of military systems, TRICARE, and DODEA
- Personal experience within the military system with your child who has a disability
- Understanding of the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) for the different Branches of the Service
*Casual Employees: Employees who do not have regular or systematic hours of work or an expectation of continuing work. A typical casual employee is employed on a daily basis when the need arises. Casual employees do not normally work set hours, do not get paid sick or annual leave.
**Travel: All costs to travel are paid (e.g. airfare, accommodations, car rental, per diem for meals while working, etc.) and candidates for this position must be able to be “away from home” for a minimum of 4 days a month. Candidates who can travel for up to 14 days monthly are highly encouraged to apply.
***Remote: During virtual workshops and webinars you must be able to block out anywhere from 4-5 hours a day.
Salary Range: $12.00 – $17.50 per hour DOQ
Only qualified applicants with completed application packets will be considered for an interview. Open until filled with first consideration given to candidates applying by August 1, 2021.
For a complete job description visit our employment information page on our website.
Parents of children with special needs and/or healthcare needs, individuals with disabilities, individuals who are bilingual and/or from underserved communities are highly encouraged to apply.
PAVE is an EEO employer. PAVE values diverse perspectives and life experiences. The organization encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including parents of individuals with disabilities, people who are bilingual, people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with lived experiences.
It is the policy of PAVE that all of the programs, employment practices, and activities of the organization or any of its contractors, vendors, grantees, or volunteers will be conducted without regard to any person’s race, color, national origin, marital status, disabled or Vietnam era veteran status, sex, disability, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, HIV/AIDS, or any other protected class.