Title: Leadership Development & Training Coordinator
Reports to: Pierce Program Director
Position Summary: The Leadership Development & Training Coordinator will assure individuals with Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) and those residing in isolated communities and from diverse ethnic backgrounds in Pierce County participate in policy change activities. This will include developing and coordinating leadership trainings led by people with I/DD, facilitating and maintaining a network of family members and individuals, and coordinating program activities targeted to students under age 22 and their families.
- Encourage individuals with developmental disabilities (DD) to participate and support local advocacy groups and participate on committees to ensure they have a voice within the DD system in Pierce County.
- Facilitate and maintain a network of family members and individuals throughout Pierce County to participate in legislative advocacy for people with DD and their families so that policy makers are connected with people with DD and families and to educate policy makers on developmental disability issues.
- Support and assist with convening the Pierce County DD Legislative Forum to reflect current issues impacting people with DD and families (e.g. website, volunteers, activities, deliverables, planning meetings, notes, etc.).
- Identify and obtain supports needed for individuals with DD to participate in advocacy activities which may include, but are not limited to, assistance with transportation, advocacy training, and other accommodations.
- Coordinate Spark Pierce County activities led by people with DD that promotes disability awareness and organizes advocacy activities that are targeted to students under age 22 and their families. These services shall include, but not be limited to, promoting disability advocacy, conducting presentations, and collaborating with schools.
- Assist in the development of leadership trainings for people with DD that is led by people with disabilities to become advocates for themselves and others.
- Collaborate and coordinate outreach efforts with community organization (i.e. Tools 4 Success) within and outside of the DD service system to expand community partnerships while ensuring the inclusion of individuals residing in isolated communities and from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Organize, create and distribute for final review all reports (e.g. monthly, quarterly, etc.), as needed utilizing PAVE’s data management system and other key tools for outcomes.
Job Requirements for all Staff:
- Maintain confidentiality of families, youth, and other staff members.
- Be prompt in arriving at work site, meetings, and workshops.
- Submit accurate (pre-approved) invoices at the end of each pay period.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as requested.
- Assist other staff in meeting timelines.
- Local travel
The job description covers major job requirements and is not meant to be the only source for what activities this position might be expected to assist with. There may be other duties as assigned. This position requires interaction with administrative staff and the public. The job description and activities outlined herein do not constitute a contract nor does it remove PAVE’s at-will employment.
To apply: Fill out our PAVE application and include a cover letter and resume as attachments. If you are having trouble with this format, please email email@example.com. Only qualified applicants who submit all three elements will be considered for an interview. Open until filled and submission is encouraged by November 13, 2019.