Title: Family Support Specialist
Reports to: Co-Coordinator
Position Summary: The Family Support Specialist assists the Parent to Parent (P2P) program of Pierce County connect and support parents of individuals with developmental disabilities and special healthcare needs. This includes providing administrative support to the team and the program’s primary outcomes with family support groups and peer mentorship, community outreach, support to volunteers, and will play a key role managing data.
- Assure all current community services and resources for families of children with developmental disabilities and special health care needs are up to date.
- Identify, vet, and provide to your supervisor for review relevant new services and resources.
- Provide administrative support regarding all communication, outreach, marketing, and reporting for the family support groups, peer-to-peer mentorship, and community activities.
- Provide data management support to ensure accurate outcomes and reports for family support groups, peer-to-peer mentorship, and community activities.
- Assures program documentation and records are up to date in PAVE’s dedicated data management system (DMS), Salesforce.
- Assists as directed with community inquiries, bookings with team members, flyers, and general communication in a timely fashion and with competence.
- Attend meetings as directed and/or as it fits with the team’s strategic vision for its scope of work and to achieve the program’s outcomes.
- Assist with task requests from the Helpline and with internal and external referrals.
- Set-up, coordinate, and staff community P2P booths (e.g. resource, transition, business trainings, etc.).
- Provide support and coordination of family support groups, as needed and directed.
- Write and disseminate informational materials, resources, and service information via communication pathways (e.g. print, on the website, social media, training curriculum, etc.) to constituents (i.e. families, professionals, community members, co-workers, volunteers, etc.) and assist with assuring they are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
Job Requirements for all Staff:
- Maintain confidentiality of those you work with and other staff members.
- Be prompt in arriving at work sites, meetings, and workshops.
- Submit accurate (pre-approved) invoices at the end of each pay period.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Assist other staff in meeting deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Local travel to be reimbursed by PAVE
The job description covers major job requirements and is not meant to be the only source for what activities this position might be expected to assist with. There may be other duties as assigned. This position requires interaction with administrative staff and the public. The job description and activities outlined herein do not constitute a contract nor does it remove PAVE’s at-will employment.