Are you between the age of 18 and 26? Has your life been touched by substance challenges personally and/or via a family member? Do you enjoy helping others by finding resources, listening to help another tell/share their story, and use social media to share information? If any of these qualities describe you, we hope you will apply for this part-time (10 hours a week) position! The Salish FYSPRT Youth Mentor will help youth with Behavioral Health/Substance Use Disorder needs in Kitsap, Jefferson, and Clallam Counties.
Position Overview: The Youth Mentor will work with two other key staff, the Family to Family Health Information Center (F2FHIC) Director and the Salish FYSPRT Program Coordinator, to share current Salish FYSPRT information and with program activities (e.g. meetings, trainings, events, etc.). The Youth Mentor will be part of a team assisting youth (and their families) in Kitsap, Jefferson, and Clallam Counties to access services and share their stories.
Youth with lived experience, persons with disabilities, and/or those from underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Youth Mentor Minimum Qualifications:
- Young adult between the ages of 18 and 26
- Have experience (self/family member) with a behavioral or substance use challenge
- Able to maintain confidentiality of families and youth who contact and work with the program
- Willingness to learn leadership and mentorship skills
- Ability to attend and help set-up meetings, workshops, and events in a timely manner
- Accomplish work activities in a timely manner
- Some computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite products (e.g. Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Demonstrated use and ability to use social media for connecting with other youth
- Local travel to/from meetings, events, and/or workshops is required, and mileage will be reimbursed
Youth Mentor Preferences (not required):
- Personal experience with Behavioral Health/Recovery resources and/or navigating these systems for care, recovery, support, etc.
- Demonstrated super user of effective social media for action, to connect and to provide information
- Prior experience with group dynamics
- Demonstrated leadership or mentorship experience
- Experience working with culturally diverse groups
Salary range: $12.50 – $13.50/hour commensurate with experience. Part-time position (approximately 5 hours/week)
To apply: Fill out the PAVE online youth application and include a written or video cover letter and written résumé within the application. If you are having trouble with this format, please email email@example.com. Only qualified applicants with completed application packets will be considered for an interview. All must be received by March 15, 2019 to be considered for an interview.
For a complete job description visit our employment information page on our website.
Learn more about FYSPRTs visit this Frequently Asked Questions sheet.
PAVE is an EEO employer. PAVE values diverse perspectives and life experiences. The organization encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including parents of individuals with disabilities, people who are bilingual, people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with lived experiences.
It is the policy of PAVE that all of the programs, employment practices, and activities of the organization or any of its contractors, vendors, grantees or volunteers will be conducted without regard to any person’s race, color, national origin, marital status, disabled or Vietnam era veteran status, sex, disability, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, HIV/AIDS, or any other protected class.