Position Summary: The Youth Mentor will work with two other key staff, the Family to Family Health Information Center (F2FHIC) Director and the Salish FYSPRT Program Coordinator, to share current Salish FYSPRT information and with program activities (e.g. meetings, trainings, events, etc.). The Youth Coordinator will be part of a team assisting youth in Kitsap, Jefferson, and Clallam Counties (and their families) to access services and share their stories.
Information and Outreach:
- Assist Salish FYSPRT strategies related to youth to stakeholders and partners to support the accomplishment of program goals and objectives.
- Identify resources that will assist youth and adults find services, events, trainings, etc. to assist them with behavioral health and/or substance challenges facing them and/or with family members.
- Utilize technology tools (e.g. sanctioned social media, dedicated web pages, mass text messaging methods, etc.) approved by the Director to share information, resources, and about meetings, trainings, events, etc.
- Provide timely responses to requests for youth related information (usually within 5 working days from the time the request is received).
- Assist youth navigate support services, information and other resources especially the services they are qualified to receive.
- Provide support and share/disseminate information, resources and service information to constituents (i.e. youth, families, professionals, community members, co-workers, volunteers, etc.) in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Trainings, Events & Meetings:
- Attend local and regional FYSPRT meetings, events and related activities requested by the funding sources, Director, or as part of the required activities.
- Assist with creating information to share with youth and/or their families (e.g. articles, video, MP3/audio, etc.) as approved by the Director.
Job Requirements for all staff:
- Maintain confidentiality of families, youth, and other staff members.
- Be prompt in arriving at work site, meetings, and workshops.
- Submit accurate (pre-approved) invoices at the end of each pay period.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as requested.
- Assist other staff in meeting timelines.
- Local travel
The job description covers major job requirements and is not meant to be the only source for what activities the Youth Mentor might be expected to assist with. There may be other duties as assigned. This position requires interaction with administrative staff and the public. The job description and activities outlined herein do not constitute a contract nor does it remove PAVE’s at-will employment.