By Colleen F. Tomko
Take a Moment to Laugh
- The IEP invitation lists “drive-thru” hours.
- When you get to the meeting, the staff want to know what you are doing there.
- They give you complimentary white flags and tissues.
- Your child’s student ID # is 666.
- They try to convince you that the attending speech therapist really is the janitor’s identical twin.
- You find yourself explaining that…
the regs say they can use IU’s for related services, not I-O-U’s.
- The special ed coordinator says ‘Have we got a place for your kid”.
- They think “inclusion” is some type of disease.
- The staff is bumming because their label maker burned out.
- You over hear the staff talking about the Least “Resisted” Environment.
To check out more IEP humor go to http://www.kidstogether.org/top10iep.htm
This list may be linked to from other websites, or copied as handouts or for newsletters for non-profit use only! Include the author’s name and copyright and a statement that it may be copied in it’s entirety for non-profit use only. Please notify us of your intentions.