Specialized Training of Military Parents (STOMP)
Provides one and two-day in-person workshops and one-hour webinars throughout the United States and overseas for military families and military personnel of all branches of service. STOMP workshops and webinars are funded by the Army, Navy and Air Force who determine location and topics per installation. The installations served during this multi-year contract have a goal of 83 (pending funding) by 2020 in partnership with parent center staff in the US and its territories.
To provide information and resources so that military parents, individuals with disabilities and military personal access services. We hope as a result of the workshops to enhance the connections and knowledge of all attendees and foster collaborative environments to further enhance family and professional partnerships.
Why Attend A STOMP Workshop? Here are 5 good reasons
- Learn your educational rights as a parent of a child with a disability
- Future planning for your child: Wills, Guardianship, and Supported Decision Making
- Financial planning for your child: Special Needs Trusts and Supplemental Security Income
- TRICARE, ECHO, & ABA: What services can you receive from your benefits
- Network with parents and professionals while learning about local and community resources