The following information is part of the college readiness workbook. You can download this and other parts of this workbook for your personal use. Each document is fillable.
Fill in your answers to the questions.
Talk With Each Other
- What are my abilities?
- What are my strengths?
- How does my disability affect my learning and ability to show what I know on tests?
- What accommodations do I need to be successful?
- What postsecondary education or training programs do my teachers and school counselors recommend for my areas of interest?
Talk Together About Your Concerns With Student Support Services
- Where is the school located and does that school setting (urban, suburban, or rural) meet my needs?
- If I cannot live independently, what is the distance from home?
- Does the student/instructor ratio ensure I can access office hours with my instructor(s) as needed?
Not all programs provide the same accommodations, and colleges do not make modifications to alter academic requirements.
- Does the program offer the accommodations I need to be successful?
- Are the housing options accessible for my individual needs?
Do I require someone to assist with:
- Self-help (like bathing)?
- Managing my medications and medical treatments?
- Nutrition and hygiene needs (laundry, washing dishes, cooking?)
- Do I have a service animal?
Disclaimer: All content is for informational purposes only. The information on this page is not a substitute for legal advice. When it comes to the law and policy matter, please consult an attorney or advocate on your child’s behalf.